If you use a power scooter, you might already know that accessories can make all the difference. That’s because the right accessory can greatly improve the convenience of using a scooter. You can customize your scooter to meet your unique needs and eliminate many of the hassles associated with doing day-to-day business while you’re using a scooter.
Some power scooter accessories are easily categorized as must-haves. These include accessories and add-ons that carry important personal or medical equipment or protect the scooter from damage. Here are some of our favorites:
- Scooter or saddle bags: These bags attach to the armrest or the back of the seat. They provide storage that is both convenient and easy to secure.
- Cane clips and holders: If you use a cane when you’re not in your power scooter, a clip or holder ensures that it is within reach.
- Oxygen tank holders: It’s absolutely critical to store your oxygen tank in a safe place. Adding one of these holders to your scooter will keep your tank from rolling and falling — which helps you avoid injury.
- Storage covers: A good storage cover protects your scooter from the elements and keeps it in good working order.
- Rearview mirrors: It’s important to know what (or who) is coming up behind you. A rearview mirror can help.
Some power scooter accessories are better categorized as should-haves. While they add convenience, they don’t necessarily enhance safety.
- Rear baskets: Great for frequent shoppers, this type of basket can help you carry your purchases to and from the store.
- Cup holder: Keep your beverage close at hand by installing a specially designed cup holder on your scooter.
- Control covers: This protect the buttons on the front panel of your scooter.
At Power Mobility, we pride ourselves on providing an unparalleled level of customer service in Phoenix and elsewhere in Arizona. Let us help you select the power scooter accessories that best fit your personal needs and budget. Contact us to learn more.
Power scooter image via Shutterstock